5: Summer (Un)Productivity
Leveraging our proverbial discipline, we gather with the wonderful Michael Nobbs on one of the warmest days of the year to chat about summer productivity, social media sabbaticals, schedules, sleep patterns and self-depletion.
We talk about repetition versus reiteration in writing, using Mad Men to kickstart your day, and the wonders of the Start Here page. Featuring police cars and chirping birds, the show ends with an incredible opportunity to grab free ice-cream during Summer on a tiny island in the North Sea.
Listen/Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher
- The Guardian on Neil Gaiman’s social media sabbatical
- Schedule tweets with Buffer.app
- A recent example of Michael’s One Thing Today podcasts
- Slow It Down Magazine
- Our ‘Start Here’ Pages: Michael | Fabian | Milo
- Oliver Burkeman on schedules. His whole This column will change your life is excellent.
- The Berlin sleep experiment mentioned in the podcast was never described on the blog, but here’s an earlier experiment on how to become a productive nightowl
- Twyla Tharp – The Creative Habit
- Steven Pressfield – The War of Art
- TechCube Edinburgh
- The greatest ice-cream truck of the season: Nice Eis