18. El Capitan vs Jelly Bean Sandwich (Chaps on Macs Special Episode)
The Chaps on Macs are back to discuss the most recent Apple announcements, but their infatuation with the world’s most profitable company appears to be waning.
Michael is now doing much of his work from a Google Chromebook, Fabian would rather have a feminist film night than watch the WWDC keynote, and Milo isn’t sure about Eddie Cue’s embarrassing DJ set and dad dancing.
Plus, eating a Jelly Bean Sandwich seems to be much more convenient and no less appealing than a roadtrip to California beauty spot El Capitan, Apple’s latest name for the Mac’s OS.
Oh, and on a more serious note – the chaps consider whether multitasking on the iPad is actually a good thing or not, and if we can have any hope of keeping our data secure in the era of cloud computing.
So, if you’re interested in hearing the chaps latest thoughts on the current state of Apple & Google’s ecosystems, have a listen. If it’s all far too geeky for you, we won’t be in the slightest bit mad if you skip this one!
Listen/Subscribe on iTunes | Stitcher
- Check out Michael’s redesign of Sustainably Creative, mostly created on his £150 Chromebook!
- Why Mad Max: Fury Road shouldn’t exist and why it isn’t really that feminist after all
- Watch Apple’s WWDC Keynote and/or Google’s I/O Keynote (Warning: both are over 2 hours long!)
- Smart critique of Apple Music launch by Ben Thomson at Stratechery
- Interesting article about the benefits of iPad multitasking by Federico Vittici at MacStories